Music is the shorthand of emotion. ~Leo Tolstoy
The Circle Gallery at Emergent Arts is pleased to announce “CHROMAtic Scale”: Artwork Inspired by Music. The exhibit will display June 3 – 30, with an opening reception on Friday, June 3, 5:00 – 8:00 pm as part of Gallery Walk.
When words leave off, music begins. ~Heinrich Heine
Great art picks up where nature ends. ~Marc Chagall
In the spirit of tying together these beginnings and endings, the exhibit CHROMAtic Scale invites artists to create artwork that is inspired by music and/or features music imagery.
Artwork delivery and specifications:
- Artwork must be delivered no later than Wednesday, June 1, 5pm.
- All artists must communicate with Erin Holliday prior to delivery of artwork to ensure adequate installation space. This can be done via phone, 501-655-0836 or email: email@example.com
- Each artist may have 1-4 pieces exhibited depending on size.
- Artwork may be any media and/or size, ready to hang with hardware.
- Artwork must be inspired by music, musical instruments, or musicians and/or contain images of these subjects. The artist may present any imagery, concept, or theme utilizing these. Please remember that our gallery is family friendly and school-age children will view the exhibits.
- Artwork must be original and signed.
- Please have details prepared when the artwork is delivered: Artist Name, Title of Artwork, Media, Price. You will be asked to fill out a consignment form at time of delivery.